- The Saint as Cunning Heroine: Rhetoric and Characterization in the Passio Caeciliae
- Earnest play: religion, rhetoric and intertextuality in the life of Apollonius of Tyana by Flavius Philostratus
- Philostratus, Plutarch, Gorgias and the end of Plato's Phaedrus
What’s in a name: Orsilochus, or the perfect adulterer
2012) GLOTTA-ZEITSCHRIFT FUR GRIECHISCHE UND LATEINISCHE SPRACHE. 88. p.166-173 Mark(
- Salted with fire biblical allusions, Heraclitus and judgement by fire in Julio Cortazar's 'all fires the fire'
- Reversals of fire: the philosophy of Heraclitus as thematic subtext of Julio Cortázar's 'all fires the fire'
- Domitian and Pentheus, Apollonius and Dionysos echoes of Homer and of Euripides' Bacchae in Philostratus' Vita Apollonii
- Modernism and postmodernism in Antiquity, and the (post-)modernist reception of the Classical: from the Satyrica-novel by Petronius to the Satyricon-opera by Bruno Maderna
Theios Sophistes: essays on Philostratus' Vita Apollonii
Danny Praet UGent and Kristoffel Demoen UGent (2009) Mnemosyne. Bibliotheca Classica Batava Supplementum. Mark