- Implementation of a multidisciplinary infectious diseases team in a tertiary hospital within an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Validity analysis of a unique infection surveillance system in the intensive care unit by analysis of a data warehouse built through a workflow-integrated software application
- Dual disseminated infection with Nocardia farcinica and Mucor in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus: a case report
- Therapeutic drug monitoring-based dose optimisation of piperacillin and meropenem: a randomised controlled trial
- Disseminated infection with Mycobacterium tilburgii in a male immunocompromised patient
- Healthcare-associated bloodstream infections in a neonatal intensive care unit over a 20-year period (1992-2011): trends in incidence, pathogens, and mortality
- Development of antibiotic treatment algorithms based on local ecology and respiratory surveillance cultures to restrict the use of broad-spectrum antimicrobial drugs in the treatment of hospital-acquired pneumonia in the intensive care unit: a retrospective analysis
- Fatal Myceliophthora thermophila infection in a boy with acute myeloid leukaemia and cord blood stem cell transplantation
- Prophylactic use of levofloxacin during medicinal leech therapy
- Characeteristics and outcome of neonates with a healthcare-associated bloodstream infection in a NICU over a 10-year period (2002-2011)
- Azithromycin for prevention of exacerbations in severe asthma (AZISAST): a multicentre randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial
A survey of beta-lactam antibiotics and vancomycin dosing strategies in intensive care units and general wards in Belgian hospitals.
2013) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 32(6). p.763-768 Mark(
- Microbial etiology and antimicrobial resistance in healthcare-associated versus community-acquired and hospital-acquired bloodstream infection in a tertiary care hospital
- Strong correspondence of the vaginal and rectal load of group B streptococci in pregnant women
- Edwardsiella tarda sepsis in a live-stranded sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus)
- Evaluation of the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia based on three quality indicators in a University Hospital
- Comparison of four serological assays for the diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis in subfertile women
- Evaluation of a new multiplex polymerase chain reaction assay STDFinder for the simultaneous detection of 7 sexually transmitted disease pathogens
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection in fertile and subfertile women in Rwanda: prevalence and diagnostic significance of IgG and IgA antibodies testing
- Comparison of culture with two different qPCR assays for detection of rectovaginal carriage of Streptococcus agalactiae (group B streptococci) in pregnant women
- Longitudinal study of the dynamics of vaginal microflora during two consecutive menstrual cycles
- Decreased susceptibility to commonly used antimicrobial agents in bacterial pathogens isolated from urinary tract infections in Rwanda: need for new antimicrobial guidelines
Performance evaluation of a modified chromogenic medium, ChromID MRSA New, for the detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from clinical specimens
2011) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 30(12). p.1595-1598 Mark(
- Comparison of different sampling techniques and of different culture methods for detection of group B streptococcus carriage in pregnant women
- Necrotizing fasciitis complicated by fatal multiple organ dysfunction due to Pasteurella multocida infection: a case report
- Characterization of extended-spectrum β-lactamases produced by Escherichia coli isolated from hospitalized and nonhospitalized patients: emergence of CTX-M-15-producing strains causing urinary tract infections
A pilot study evaluating the safety of vaginal administration of a multi-particulate pellet formulation.
2009) European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 73(3). p.399-403 Mark(
- A fatal myceliophthora thermophila infection in a child with acute myeloid leukaemia
- Identification and genotyping of bacteria from paired vaginal and rectal samples from pregnant women indicates similarity between vaginal and rectal microflora
- Genotyping of Streptococcus agalactiae (group B streptococci) isolated from vaginal and rectal swabs of women at 35-37 weeks of pregnancy
- Microflora of the penile skin-lined neovagina of transsexual women
- Comparative analysis of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-carrying plasmids from different members of Enterobacteriaceae isolated from poultry, pigs and humans: evidence for a shared beta-lactam resistance gene pool?
- Longitudinal analysis of the vaginal microflora in pregnancy suggests that L. crispatus promotes the stability of the normal vaginal microflora and that L. gasseri and/or L. iners are more conducive to the occurrence of abnormal vaginal microflora
- Systematic surveillance cultures as a tool to predict involvement of multidrug antibiotic resistant bacteria in ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of the microflora in necrotic teeth of patients irradiated in the head and neck region
- National survey of molecular epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus colonization in Belgian cystic fibrosis patients
- Combined use of Pastorex Staph-Plus and either of two new chromogenic agars, MRSA ID and CHROMagar MRSA, for detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Third Belgian multicentre survey of antibiotic susceptibility of anaerobic bacteria
In vitro activity of temocillin against prevalent extended-spectrum beta-lactamases producing Enterobacteriaceae from Belgian intensive care units
2007) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 26(11). p.777-783 Mark(
- Determination de la sensibilité de 45 souches de Candida au fluconazole: analyse de deux techniques de reference proposés par NCCLS1: papier disque à diffusion et la macrodilution
- Prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriacae isolates at two Belgian hospitals: a descriptive study
- Infection risk related to the use of medicinal leeches
- Modified classification of Gram-stained vaginal smears to predict spontaneous preterm birth: a prospective cohort study
- Effect of fluconazole consumption on long-term trends in candidal ecology
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Atopobium vaginae
- Outcome in bacteremia associated with nosocomial pneumonia and the impact of pathogen prediction by tracheal surveillance cultures
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccination in children with recurrent acute otitis media: a therapeutic alternative?
2006) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY. 70(2). p.275-285 Mark(
- Antimicrobial resistance in nosocomial bloodstream infection associated with pneumonia and the value of systematic surveillance cultures in an adult intensive care unit
- Modification of Gram-stained vaginal smear scoring may increase the sensitivity of vaginal smear assessment in the prediction of preterm birth
- Epidemiology of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a cystic fibrosis rehabilitation centre
- Comparison between Gram stain and culture for the characterization of vaginal microflora: Definition of a distinct grade that resembles grade I microflora and revised categorization of grade I microflora
- Comparison of Gram stain and culture for the characterisation of vaginal microflora
- Microbiological evalutation using T-RFLP analysis of the flora of necrotic teeth of patients
- An interlaboratory comparison of ITS2-PCR for the identification of yeasts, using the ABI Prism 310 and CEQ8000 capillary electrophoresis systems
- Subclinical iron deficiency is a strong predictor of bacterial vaginosis in early pregnancy
- Colonization status and appropriate antibiotic therapy for nosocomial bacteremia caused by antibiotic-resistant gram-negative bacteria in an intensive care unit
- Shared genotypes of Achromobacter xylosoxidans strains isolated from patients at a cystic fibrosis rehabilitation center
- Evaluation of tRNA gene PCR for identification of Mollicutes
- CULTURE-INDEPENDENT CHARACTERIZATION OF HEALTHY AND DISTURBED VAGINAL MICROFLORA CONFIRMS THE PRESENCE OF ATOPOBIUM VAGINAE IN THE BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS MICROFLORA AND SUGGESTS AN AMBIGUOUS ROLE FOR LACTOBACILLUS GASSERI AND L. INERS
- Cloning of 16S rRNA genes amplified from normal and disturbed vaginal microflora points to a strong assocation between Atopobium vaginae, Gardnerella vaginalis and bacterial vaginosis
- Culture-independent analysis of vaginal microflora: The unrecognized association of Atopobium vaginae with bacterial vaginosis
- Cloning of 16S rRNA genes amplified from normal and disturbed vaginal microflora suggests a strong association between Atopobiurn vaginae, Gardnerella vaginalis and bacterial vaginosis
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) producing Enterobacter aerogenes phenotypically misidentified as Klebsiella pneumoniae or K terrigena
- Investigation of the effect of the coronal restoration quality on the composition of the root canal microflora in teeth with apical periodontitis by means of T-RFLP analysis
- Antibiotic susceptibility of acute otitis media pathogens in otitis-prone Belgian children
- Automated flow cytometry analysis of peritoneal dialysis fluid
- Evaluation of tDNA-PCR for the identification of Mollicutes
- Bacteremic infection with Pantoea ananatis
- Microbiological evaluation of necrotic root canals with apical periodontitis by T-RFLP analysis
- Comparison of five genotypic techniques for identification of optochin-resistant pneumococcus-like isolates
- Microbiological evaluation of retreated root canals with appical periodontitis by T-RFLP analysis
- Evaluation of amplified rDNA restriction analysis (ARDRA) for the identification of cultured mycobacteria in a diagnostic laboratory
- Bacteremia due to Moraxella atlantae in a cancer patient.
- Isolation of Buttiauxella gaviniae from a spinal cord patient with urinary bladder pathology.
- Does the addition of glutamine to total parenteral nutrition have beneficial effect on the healing of colon anastomosis and bacterial translocation after preoperative radiotherapy?
- Identification of cultured isolates of clinically important yeast species using fluorescent fragment length analysis of the amplified internally transcribed rRNA spacer 2 region
- Turnover of Haemophilus influenzae isolates in otitis-prone children.
- Evaluation of six commercial assays for the rapid detection of Clostridium difficile toxin and/or antigen in stool specimens.
- Modified Granada Agar Medium for the detection of group B streptococcus carriage in pregnant women.
- Case of catheter sepsis with Ralstonia gilardii in a child with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Sexually transmitted infections and reproductive health in Azerbaijan.
- Isolations of Leclercia adecarboxylata from a patient with a chronically Inflamed gallbladder and from a patient with sepsis without focus.
- Infecties opsporen tijdens de zwangerschap.
- One case each of recurrent meningitis and hemoperitoneum infection with Ralstonia mannitolilytica.
- Mutans streptococci, lactobacilli and caries experience in cystic fibrosis homozygotes, heterozygotes and healthy controls
- Methicillin resistance of bacteria isolated from vitreous fluid from patients undergoing vitrectomy.
- Comparative in vitro activity of cefepime against strains isolated from intensive care and haematology patients.
- Isolation of Moraxella canis from an ulcerated metastatic lymph node.
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis peritonitis due to Enterococcus cecorum.
Mixed community-acquired fungal infection in an apparently healthy patient.
2000) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 19(8). p.642-643 Mark(
Turnover of Haemophilus influenzae isolates in otitis-prone children.
2000) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY. 54(1). p.7-12 Mark(
- PER-1 beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intensive care unit.
- Septicemia in neutropenic patients infected with Clostridium tertium resistant to cefepime and other expanded-spectrum cephalosporins.
- Role of nasopharyngeal bacterial flora in the evaluation of recurrent middle ear infections in children.
- Effect of haptoglobin phenotypes on growth of Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Caz-hi, an extended-spectrum TEM beta-lactamase (TEM-61), is derived from Caz-lo (TEM-11) by in vivo selection.
- Cardioverter lead electrode infection due to Corynebacterium amycolatum.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from men with urethritis in Kenya.
- Multiresistentie: een uitdaging
- A simple and efficient urine sampling method for bacteriological examination in elderly women
- Endocarditis of native aortic and mitral valves due to Corynebacterium accolens: Report of a case and application of phenotypic and genotypic techniques for identification.
- Diagnosis of intravascular device related sepsis by a continuous monitoring blood culture system.
- Tracheal colonization with Sphingomonas paucimobilis in mechanically ventilated neonates due to contaminated ventilator temperature probes.
- Identification of Acinetobacter genomic species with amplified ribosomal DNA-restriction analysis.
- Mogelijkheden en obstakels voor toepassing van DNA en RNA amplificatie en hybridisatietechnieken in de diagnostiek van infecties.
- Combined use of fluconazole and selective digestive decontamination in the prevention of fungal infection after adult liver transplantation.
- Isolation of Two Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Strains with Atypical Colony Morphology
ISOLATION OF 2 METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS-AUREUS STRAINS WITH ATYPICAL COLONY MORPHOLOGY.
1995) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 14(10). p.921-923 Mark(
- Case of recurrent Flavimonas oryzihabitans Bacteremia Associated with an Implanted Central Venous Catheter (Port-A-Cath): Assessment of Clonality by Arbitrarily Primed PCR.
- Evaluation of the applicability of amplified rDNA-restriction analysis (ARDRA) to identification of species of the genus Corynebacterium.
- Comparison of arbitrarily primed polymerase chain-reaction and cell envelope protein electrophoresis for analysis of Acinetobacter-baumannii and A-junii outbreaks.
- PSEUDOMONAS-AERUGINOSA SEROTYPE O-12 OUTBREAK STUDIED BY ARBITRARY PRIMER PCR.
- BILOPHILA-WADSWORTHIA BACTEREMIA IN A PATIENT WITH GANGRENOUS APPENDICITIS.
- Identificatie van mycobacteriën met 'amplified rDNA-restriction analysis'
- STUDY OF THE INFLUENCE OF PLASMIDS ON THE ARBITRARY PRIMER POLYMERASE CHAIN-REACTION FINGERPRINT OF ESCHERICHIA-COLI STRAINS.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa Serotype 012 Outbreak Studied by Arbitrary Primer PCR
- Tracheal colonisation with Pseudomonas paucimobilis in mechanically ventilated neonates due to contaminated temperature probes
Bronchopneumonia caused by Propionibacterium acnes
1994) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 13(9). p.747-749 Mark(
- IDENTIFICATION OF MYCOBACTERIUM SPECIES BY USING AMPLIFIED RIBOSOMAL DNA RESTRICTION ANALYSIS.
- BACTERIAL SURVEILLANCE CULTURES IN A GERIATRIC WARD.
- Septicemia with Ewingella-americana.
- Rapid identification of bacteria of the Comamonadaceae with amplified ribosomal DNA-restriction analysis (ARDRA).
- Septicemia with Ewingella americana
- Quo Vadis Branhamella catarrhalis ?
- Infections in patients in intensive care units: can the combination of a monobactam and a penicillin replace the classic combination of beta-lactam agent and an aminoglycoside?
- Serological typing of Branhamella catarrhalis strains on the basis of lipopolysaccharide antigens
- Respiratory tract carrier rates of Moraxella (Branhamella) catarrhalis in aduls and children and interpretation of the isolation of M. catarrhalis from sputum
- Rapid identification of Branhamella catarrhalis with 4-methylumbelliferyl butyrate
- Selective medium for Branhamella catarrhalis with acetazolamide as a specific inhibitor of Neisseria spp.
Serotyping and phage typing to identify Enterobacter cloacae contaminating total parenteral nutrition
1988) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 7(2). p.306-307 Mark(
Clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea during treatment with Imipenem
1984) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 3(6). p.565-566 Mark(
- Bilophila wadsworthia Bacteremia in a Patient with Gangrenous Appendicitis. Clin. Inf. Diseases, 1994, 18, 1023-1024.
- Problems in diagnosis and treatment of S. haemolyticus endocarditis in a hemodialysis patient
- High levels of resistance to antibiotics in Escherichia coli from Cambodian doctors during a postgraduate course. Clin. Microbiol., 1997, 3, 701-702.
- In vitro acivity of amoxicillin/clavulanate and ticarcillin/clavulanate compared with that of other antibiotica against anaerobic bacteria: comparison with the results of the 1987 survey. Acta Clinica Belgica, 1996, 51, 70-79.
- Intensive Care Med., 1996, 22, 829-830. Letter to editor.