- Implementation of a multidisciplinary infectious diseases team in a tertiary hospital within an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Validity analysis of a unique infection surveillance system in the intensive care unit by analysis of a data warehouse built through a workflow-integrated software application
- Healthcare-associated bloodstream infections in a neonatal intensive care unit over a 20-year period (1992-2011): trends in incidence, pathogens, and mortality
- Development of antibiotic treatment algorithms based on local ecology and respiratory surveillance cultures to restrict the use of broad-spectrum antimicrobial drugs in the treatment of hospital-acquired pneumonia in the intensive care unit: a retrospective analysis
- Disseminated infection with Mycobacterium tilburgii in a male immunocompromised patient
- Dual disseminated infection with Nocardia farcinica and Mucor in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus: a case report
- Therapeutic drug monitoring-based dose optimisation of piperacillin and meropenem: a randomised controlled trial
- Fatal Myceliophthora thermophila infection in a boy with acute myeloid leukaemia and cord blood stem cell transplantation
- Prophylactic use of levofloxacin during medicinal leech therapy
- Characeteristics and outcome of neonates with a healthcare-associated bloodstream infection in a NICU over a 10-year period (2002-2011)
- Azithromycin for prevention of exacerbations in severe asthma (AZISAST): a multicentre randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial
A survey of beta-lactam antibiotics and vancomycin dosing strategies in intensive care units and general wards in Belgian hospitals.
2013) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 32(6). p.763-768 Mark(
- Microbial etiology and antimicrobial resistance in healthcare-associated versus community-acquired and hospital-acquired bloodstream infection in a tertiary care hospital
- Strong correspondence of the vaginal and rectal load of group B streptococci in pregnant women
- Edwardsiella tarda sepsis in a live-stranded sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus)
- Evaluation of the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia based on three quality indicators in a University Hospital
- Comparison of four serological assays for the diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis in subfertile women
- Evaluation of a new multiplex polymerase chain reaction assay STDFinder for the simultaneous detection of 7 sexually transmitted disease pathogens
- Longitudinal study of the dynamics of vaginal microflora during two consecutive menstrual cycles
- Comparison of culture with two different qPCR assays for detection of rectovaginal carriage of Streptococcus agalactiae (group B streptococci) in pregnant women
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection in fertile and subfertile women in Rwanda: prevalence and diagnostic significance of IgG and IgA antibodies testing
- Decreased susceptibility to commonly used antimicrobial agents in bacterial pathogens isolated from urinary tract infections in Rwanda: need for new antimicrobial guidelines
Performance evaluation of a modified chromogenic medium, ChromID MRSA New, for the detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from clinical specimens
2011) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 30(12). p.1595-1598 Mark(
- Comparison of different sampling techniques and of different culture methods for detection of group B streptococcus carriage in pregnant women
- Necrotizing fasciitis complicated by fatal multiple organ dysfunction due to Pasteurella multocida infection: a case report
- Characterization of extended-spectrum β-lactamases produced by Escherichia coli isolated from hospitalized and nonhospitalized patients: emergence of CTX-M-15-producing strains causing urinary tract infections
A pilot study evaluating the safety of vaginal administration of a multi-particulate pellet formulation.
2009) European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 73(3). p.399-403 Mark(
- Microflora of the penile skin-lined neovagina of transsexual women
- Longitudinal analysis of the vaginal microflora in pregnancy suggests that L. crispatus promotes the stability of the normal vaginal microflora and that L. gasseri and/or L. iners are more conducive to the occurrence of abnormal vaginal microflora
- Comparative analysis of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-carrying plasmids from different members of Enterobacteriaceae isolated from poultry, pigs and humans: evidence for a shared beta-lactam resistance gene pool?
- A fatal myceliophthora thermophila infection in a child with acute myeloid leukaemia
- Identification and genotyping of bacteria from paired vaginal and rectal samples from pregnant women indicates similarity between vaginal and rectal microflora
- Genotyping of Streptococcus agalactiae (group B streptococci) isolated from vaginal and rectal swabs of women at 35-37 weeks of pregnancy
- Systematic surveillance cultures as a tool to predict involvement of multidrug antibiotic resistant bacteria in ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of the microflora in necrotic teeth of patients irradiated in the head and neck region
- Combined use of Pastorex Staph-Plus and either of two new chromogenic agars, MRSA ID and CHROMagar MRSA, for detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Third Belgian multicentre survey of antibiotic susceptibility of anaerobic bacteria
- National survey of molecular epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus colonization in Belgian cystic fibrosis patients
In vitro activity of temocillin against prevalent extended-spectrum beta-lactamases producing Enterobacteriaceae from Belgian intensive care units
2007) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 26(11). p.777-783 Mark(
- Prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriacae isolates at two Belgian hospitals: a descriptive study
- Modified classification of Gram-stained vaginal smears to predict spontaneous preterm birth: a prospective cohort study
- Infection risk related to the use of medicinal leeches
- Determination de la sensibilité de 45 souches de Candida au fluconazole: analyse de deux techniques de reference proposés par NCCLS1: papier disque à diffusion et la macrodilution
- Effect of fluconazole consumption on long-term trends in candidal ecology
- Outcome in bacteremia associated with nosocomial pneumonia and the impact of pathogen prediction by tracheal surveillance cultures
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Atopobium vaginae
- Antimicrobial resistance in nosocomial bloodstream infection associated with pneumonia and the value of systematic surveillance cultures in an adult intensive care unit
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccination in children with recurrent acute otitis media: a therapeutic alternative?
2006) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY. 70(2). p.275-285 Mark(
- Modification of Gram-stained vaginal smear scoring may increase the sensitivity of vaginal smear assessment in the prediction of preterm birth
- Epidemiology of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a cystic fibrosis rehabilitation centre
- Comparison between Gram stain and culture for the characterization of vaginal microflora: Definition of a distinct grade that resembles grade I microflora and revised categorization of grade I microflora
- Comparison of Gram stain and culture for the characterisation of vaginal microflora
- Microbiological evalutation using T-RFLP analysis of the flora of necrotic teeth of patients
- An interlaboratory comparison of ITS2-PCR for the identification of yeasts, using the ABI Prism 310 and CEQ8000 capillary electrophoresis systems
- Subclinical iron deficiency is a strong predictor of bacterial vaginosis in early pregnancy
- Evaluation of tRNA gene PCR for identification of Mollicutes
- Shared genotypes of Achromobacter xylosoxidans strains isolated from patients at a cystic fibrosis rehabilitation center
- Colonization status and appropriate antibiotic therapy for nosocomial bacteremia caused by antibiotic-resistant gram-negative bacteria in an intensive care unit
- Cloning of 16S rRNA genes amplified from normal and disturbed vaginal microflora points to a strong assocation between Atopobium vaginae, Gardnerella vaginalis and bacterial vaginosis
- CULTURE-INDEPENDENT CHARACTERIZATION OF HEALTHY AND DISTURBED VAGINAL MICROFLORA CONFIRMS THE PRESENCE OF ATOPOBIUM VAGINAE IN THE BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS MICROFLORA AND SUGGESTS AN AMBIGUOUS ROLE FOR LACTOBACILLUS GASSERI AND L. INERS
- Culture-independent analysis of vaginal microflora: The unrecognized association of Atopobium vaginae with bacterial vaginosis
- Investigation of the effect of the coronal restoration quality on the composition of the root canal microflora in teeth with apical periodontitis by means of T-RFLP analysis
- Antibiotic susceptibility of acute otitis media pathogens in otitis-prone Belgian children
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) producing Enterobacter aerogenes phenotypically misidentified as Klebsiella pneumoniae or K terrigena
- Cloning of 16S rRNA genes amplified from normal and disturbed vaginal microflora suggests a strong association between Atopobiurn vaginae, Gardnerella vaginalis and bacterial vaginosis
- Evaluation of tDNA-PCR for the identification of Mollicutes
- Bacteremic infection with Pantoea ananatis
- Automated flow cytometry analysis of peritoneal dialysis fluid
- Microbiological evaluation of necrotic root canals with apical periodontitis by T-RFLP analysis
- Microbiological evaluation of retreated root canals with appical periodontitis by T-RFLP analysis
- Comparison of five genotypic techniques for identification of optochin-resistant pneumococcus-like isolates
- Evaluation of amplified rDNA restriction analysis (ARDRA) for the identification of cultured mycobacteria in a diagnostic laboratory
- Isolation of Buttiauxella gaviniae from a spinal cord patient with urinary bladder pathology.
- Bacteremia due to Moraxella atlantae in a cancer patient.
- Does the addition of glutamine to total parenteral nutrition have beneficial effect on the healing of colon anastomosis and bacterial translocation after preoperative radiotherapy?
- Identification of cultured isolates of clinically important yeast species using fluorescent fragment length analysis of the amplified internally transcribed rRNA spacer 2 region
- Modified Granada Agar Medium for the detection of group B streptococcus carriage in pregnant women.
- Turnover of Haemophilus influenzae isolates in otitis-prone children.
- Evaluation of six commercial assays for the rapid detection of Clostridium difficile toxin and/or antigen in stool specimens.
- Isolations of Leclercia adecarboxylata from a patient with a chronically Inflamed gallbladder and from a patient with sepsis without focus.
- Case of catheter sepsis with Ralstonia gilardii in a child with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Sexually transmitted infections and reproductive health in Azerbaijan.
- Mutans streptococci, lactobacilli and caries experience in cystic fibrosis homozygotes, heterozygotes and healthy controls
- One case each of recurrent meningitis and hemoperitoneum infection with Ralstonia mannitolilytica.
- Infecties opsporen tijdens de zwangerschap.
- Methicillin resistance of bacteria isolated from vitreous fluid from patients undergoing vitrectomy.
- Comparative in vitro activity of cefepime against strains isolated from intensive care and haematology patients.
- Isolation of Moraxella canis from an ulcerated metastatic lymph node.
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis peritonitis due to Enterococcus cecorum.
Turnover of Haemophilus influenzae isolates in otitis-prone children.
2000) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY. 54(1). p.7-12 Mark(
- PER-1 beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intensive care unit.
Mixed community-acquired fungal infection in an apparently healthy patient.
2000) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 19(8). p.642-643 Mark(
- Septicemia in neutropenic patients infected with Clostridium tertium resistant to cefepime and other expanded-spectrum cephalosporins.
- Role of nasopharyngeal bacterial flora in the evaluation of recurrent middle ear infections in children.
- Cardioverter lead electrode infection due to Corynebacterium amycolatum.
- Caz-hi, an extended-spectrum TEM beta-lactamase (TEM-61), is derived from Caz-lo (TEM-11) by in vivo selection.
- Effect of haptoglobin phenotypes on growth of Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from men with urethritis in Kenya.
- A simple and efficient urine sampling method for bacteriological examination in elderly women
- Multiresistentie: een uitdaging
- Endocarditis of native aortic and mitral valves due to Corynebacterium accolens: Report of a case and application of phenotypic and genotypic techniques for identification.
- Diagnosis of intravascular device related sepsis by a continuous monitoring blood culture system.
- Tracheal colonization with Sphingomonas paucimobilis in mechanically ventilated neonates due to contaminated ventilator temperature probes.
- Mogelijkheden en obstakels voor toepassing van DNA en RNA amplificatie en hybridisatietechnieken in de diagnostiek van infecties.
- Identification of Acinetobacter genomic species with amplified ribosomal DNA-restriction analysis.
- Combined use of fluconazole and selective digestive decontamination in the prevention of fungal infection after adult liver transplantation.
- Isolation of Two Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Strains with Atypical Colony Morphology
- Case of recurrent Flavimonas oryzihabitans Bacteremia Associated with an Implanted Central Venous Catheter (Port-A-Cath): Assessment of Clonality by Arbitrarily Primed PCR.
ISOLATION OF 2 METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS-AUREUS STRAINS WITH ATYPICAL COLONY MORPHOLOGY.
1995) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 14(10). p.921-923 Mark(
- Evaluation of the applicability of amplified rDNA-restriction analysis (ARDRA) to identification of species of the genus Corynebacterium.
- Comparison of arbitrarily primed polymerase chain-reaction and cell envelope protein electrophoresis for analysis of Acinetobacter-baumannii and A-junii outbreaks.
- PSEUDOMONAS-AERUGINOSA SEROTYPE O-12 OUTBREAK STUDIED BY ARBITRARY PRIMER PCR.
- BILOPHILA-WADSWORTHIA BACTEREMIA IN A PATIENT WITH GANGRENOUS APPENDICITIS.
- Identificatie van mycobacteriën met 'amplified rDNA-restriction analysis'
- STUDY OF THE INFLUENCE OF PLASMIDS ON THE ARBITRARY PRIMER POLYMERASE CHAIN-REACTION FINGERPRINT OF ESCHERICHIA-COLI STRAINS.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa Serotype 012 Outbreak Studied by Arbitrary Primer PCR
Bronchopneumonia caused by Propionibacterium acnes
1994) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 13(9). p.747-749 Mark(
- Tracheal colonisation with Pseudomonas paucimobilis in mechanically ventilated neonates due to contaminated temperature probes
- BACTERIAL SURVEILLANCE CULTURES IN A GERIATRIC WARD.
- IDENTIFICATION OF MYCOBACTERIUM SPECIES BY USING AMPLIFIED RIBOSOMAL DNA RESTRICTION ANALYSIS.
- Septicemia with Ewingella-americana.
- Rapid identification of bacteria of the Comamonadaceae with amplified ribosomal DNA-restriction analysis (ARDRA).
- Septicemia with Ewingella americana
- Quo Vadis Branhamella catarrhalis ?
- Infections in patients in intensive care units: can the combination of a monobactam and a penicillin replace the classic combination of beta-lactam agent and an aminoglycoside?
Serotyping and phage typing to identify Enterobacter cloacae contaminating total parenteral nutrition
1988) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 7(2). p.306-307 Mark(
Clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea during treatment with Imipenem
1984) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 3(6). p.565-566 Mark(
- Bilophila wadsworthia Bacteremia in a Patient with Gangrenous Appendicitis. Clin. Inf. Diseases, 1994, 18, 1023-1024.
- Problems in diagnosis and treatment of S. haemolyticus endocarditis in a hemodialysis patient
- High levels of resistance to antibiotics in Escherichia coli from Cambodian doctors during a postgraduate course. Clin. Microbiol., 1997, 3, 701-702.
- In vitro acivity of amoxicillin/clavulanate and ticarcillin/clavulanate compared with that of other antibiotica against anaerobic bacteria: comparison with the results of the 1987 survey. Acta Clinica Belgica, 1996, 51, 70-79.
- Intensive Care Med., 1996, 22, 829-830. Letter to editor.