- Intensity modulated arc therapy implementation in a three phase adaptive 18F-FDG-PET voxel intensity-based planning strategy for head-and-neck cancer
Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for early-stage glottic cancer
2016) HEAD AND NECK-JOURNAL FOR THE SCIENCES AND SPECIALTIES OF THE HEAD AND NECK. 38(suppl. 1). p.E179-E184 Mark(
A patient immobilization device for prone breast radiotherapy: dosimetric effects and inclusion in the treatment planning system
2016) PHYSICA MEDICA-EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL PHYSICS. 32(6). p.758-766 Mark(
- Setup accuracy for prone and supine whole breast irradiation
- Optimal number of atlases and label fusion for automatic multi-atlas-based brachial plexus contouring in radiotherapy treatment planning
- Reproducibility of deep inspiration breath hold for prone left-sided whole breast irradiation
- Carbon ion radiotherapy in Japan: an assessment of 20 years of clinical experience
- Deep inspiration breath hold in the prone position retracts the heart from the breast and internal mammary lymph node region
- Prone breast irradiation: from indirect to direct tumor bed localization
- Whole breast radiotherapy in prone and supine position: what treatment technique to choose
- 8-prenylnaringenin and tamoxifen inhibit the shedding of irradiated epithelial cells and increase the latency period of radiation-induced oral mucositis
- The effect of morphometric atlas selection on multi-atlas-based automatic brachial plexus segmentation
- Prone breast radiotherapy in prone: free breathing, deep inspiration breath hold and inspiration gating
Morphometric atlas selection for automatic brachial plexus segmentation
2015) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 92(3). p.691-698 Mark(
- 2-year cosmetic outcome of large breasted women randomized between prone and supine whole-breast irradiation (WBI)
- Exploiting the asymmetric layer geometry of EBT2 radiochromic film for assessment of skin dose and steep gradients
- Adaptive radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer, can we predict when and for whom?
- Biological 18[F]-FDG-PET image-guided dose painting by numbers for painful uncomplicated bone metastases: a 3-arm randomized phase II trial
- Heart dose reduction by prone deep inspiration breath hold in left-sided breast irradiation
- Regional nodal irradiation in early-stage breast cancer
Adaptive intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck cancer: is it affordable?
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 90(suppl. 1). p.S107-S108 Mark(
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy reduces acute skin toxicity in small and large breasted patients receiving whole-breast irradiation
- HPV-related oropharyngeal cancers in Flanders (Belgium): a multicenter study
- Factors modifying the risk for developing acute skin toxicity after whole-breast intensity modulated radiotherapy
- Prone left-sided whole-breast irradiation: significant heart dose reduction using end-inspiratory versus end-expiratory gating
- Reliability and accuracy assessment of radiation therapy oncology group-endorsed guidelines for brachial plexus contouring
- Hair-sparing whole brain radiotherapy with volumetric arc therapy in patients treated for brain metastases: dosimetric and clinical results of a phase II trial
The cost of setting up and operating a hadron facility: reply
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 90(1). p.239-239 Mark(
- Integrated models for the prediction of late genitourinary complaints after high-dose intensity modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: making informed decisions
- A let-7 microRNA polymorphism in the KRAS 3'-UTR is prognostic in oropharyngeal cancer
In search of the economic sustainability of hadron therapy: the real cost of setting up and operating a hadron facility
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 89(1). p.152-160 Mark(
- Serial comprehensive geriatric assessment in elderly head and neck cancer patients undergoing curative radiotherapy identifies evolution of multidimensional health problems and is indicative of quality of life
An anatomically validated brachial plexus contouring method for intensity modulated radiation therapy planning: reply
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 89(1). p.224-225 Mark(
- High-dose reirradiation with intensity-modulated radiotherapy for recurrent head-and-neck cancer: Disease control, survival and toxicity.
- Hypofractionated intensity-modulated arc therapy for lymph node metastasized prostate cancer: early late toxicity and 3-year clinical outcome
- Deformation field validation and inversion applied to adaptive radiation therapy
- Feasibility study of a Hadron Therapy Centre in Belgium
- Proton radiotherapy for locally-advanced non-small cell lung cancer, a cost-effective alternative to photon radiotherapy in Belgium?
Acute radiation-induced nocturia in prostate cancer patients is associated with pretreatment symptoms, radical prostatectomy, and genetic markers in the TGFβ1 gene
2013) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 85(2). p.393-399 Mark(
- Reduction of the dose to the elective neck in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, a randomized clinical trial using intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT): dosimetrical analysis and effect on acute toxicity
- Early biomarkers related to secondary primary cancer risk in radiotherapy treated prostate cancer patients: IMRT versus IMAT
- The cost of hadron therapy in Belgium: comparison of a business model with activity-based costing
- Whole breast radiotherapy in prone and supine position: is there a place for multi-beam IMRT?
- Hypofractionated whole breast irradiation for patients with large breasts: a randomized trial comparing prone and supine positions
- Systematic review of dose-volume correlates for structures related to late swallowing disturbances after radiotherapy for head and neck cancer
- Cost calculation of hadron therapy in Belgium: a physics point of view
- A predictive model for dysphagia following IMRT for head and neck cancer: introduction of the EMLasso technique
An anatomically validated brachial plexus contouring method for intensity modulated radiation therapy planning
2013) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 87(4). p.802-808 Mark(
- Three-phase adaptive dose-painting-by-numbers for head-and-neck cancer: initial results of the phase I clinical trial
- Hypofractionated frameless stereotactic intensity-modulated radiotherapy with whole brain radiotherapy for the treatment of 1-3 brain metastases
- Clustering of oral symptoms versus radiation-induced apical periodontitis: author reply
- Improved cone-beam computed tomography in supine and prone breast radiotherapy: surface reconstruction, radiation exposure, and clinical workflow
- Evaluation of a glassless photographic film scanner for high-gradient radiochromic film dosimetry
- Rational use of intensity-modulated radiation therapy: the importance of clinical outcome
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of Salvia officinalis in controlling hot flashes in prostate cancer patients treated with androgen deprivation
- DNA methylation-based biomarkers in serum of patients with breast cancer
- Radiation-induced oesophagitis in lung cancer patients: is susceptibility for neutropenia a risk factor?
- Determination of an adequate screening tool for identification of vulnerable elderly head and neck cancer patients treated with radio(chemo)therapy
Alternated prone and supine whole-breast irradiation using IMRT: setup precision, respiratory movement and treatment time
2012) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 82(5). p.2055-2064 Mark(
- Effect of radiation dose on the prevalence of apical periodontitis: a dosimetric analysis
- Experience with Lexicomp® Online Drug Database for medication review and drug-drug interaction analysis within a comprehensive geriatric assessment in elderly cancer patients
Evaluation of deformable image coregistration in adaptive dose painting by numbers for head-and-neck cancer
2012) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 83(2). p.696-703 Mark(
IMRT for sinonasal tumors minimizes severe late ocular toxicity and preserves disease control and survival
2012) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 83(1). p.252-259 Mark(
- Comparison of measured with calculated dose distribution from a 120-MeV electron beam from a laser-plasma accelerator
- No association between TGF-β1 polymorphisms and radiation-induced lung toxicity in a European cohort of lung cancer patients
Development of a multicomponent prediction model for acute esophagitis in lung cancer patients receiving chemoradiotherapy
2011) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 81(2). p.537-544 Mark(
Whole abdominopelvic radiotherapy using intensity-modulated arc therapy in the palliative treatment of chemotherapy-resistant ovarian cancer with bulky peritoneal disease: a single-institution experience
2011) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 79(3). p.775-781 Mark(
Regional relapse after intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head-and-neck cancer
2011) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 79(2). p.450-458 Mark(
- Metabolic tumour volume: prognostic value in locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
- A comparison of the acute toxicity profile between two-dimensional and three-dimensional image-guided radiotherapy for postoperative prostate cancer
- Lack of a correlation between γH2AX foci kinetics in lymphocytes and the severity of acute normal tissue reactions during IMRT treatment for head and neck cancer
- Optimizing image acquisition settings for cone-beam computed tomography in supine and prone breast radiotherapy
Volumetric arc therapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapy for primary prostate radiotherapy with simultaneous integrated boost to intraprostatic lesion with 6 and 18 MV: a planning comparison study
2011) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 79(3). p.920-926 Mark(
Adaptive dose painting by numbers for head-and-neck cancer
2011) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 80(4). p.1045-1055 Mark(
- Maximum tolerated dose in a phase I trial on adaptive dose painting by numbers for head and neck cancer
Preliminary results on setup precision of prone-lateral patient positioning for whole breast irradiation
2010) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 78(1). p.111-118 Mark(
- From clinical observations of intensity-modulated radiotherapy to dedicated in vitro designs
- Prediction of late normal tissue complications in RT treated gynaecological cancer patients: potential of the γ-H2AX foci assay and association with chromosomal radiosensitivity
- Association of TGFβ1 polymorphisms involved in radiation toxicity with TGFβ1 secretion in vitro
- Resident and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
An oxygen-consuming phantom simulating perfused tissue to explore oxygen dynamics and F-19 MRI oximetry
2010) MAGNETIC RESONANCE MATERIALS IN PHYSICS BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE. 23(4). p.217-226 Mark(
- A phase I clinical trial on adaptive dose painting by numbers for head and neck cancer: the first clinical results
- Development, external validation and clinical usefulness of a practical prediction model for radiation-induced dysphagia in lung cancer patients
- Comparison of Bayesian network and support vector machine models for two-year survival prediction in lung cancer patients treated with radiotherapy
- Association of TGFβ1 polymorphisms involved in radiation toxicity with TGFβ1 secretion in vitro
- Trimodality treatment of early stage Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma (MPM): a single institutional experience
- Monte Carlo benchmarking of a CCC-based treatment planning system in case of irregularly shaped fields
Acute normal tissue reactions in head-and-neck cancer patients treated with IMRT: influence of dose and association with genetic polymorphisms in DNA DSB repair genes
2009) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 73(4). p.1187-1195 Mark(
- Intensity-Modulated Arc Therapy with Simultaneous Integrated Boost in the Treatment of Primary Irresectable Cervical Cancer
HYPOFRACTIONATED INTENSITY-MODULATED ARC THERAPY FOR LYMPH NODE METASTASIZED PROSTATE CANCER
2009) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 75(4). p.1013-1020 Mark(
- Prone and prone-lateral patient positioning for whole breast irradiation (WBI): a steep learning curve
- Magnetic resonance imaging to assess the resectability after chemoradiation of primary irresectable cervical Cancer
Volumetric modulated arc therapy for delivery of prostate radiotherapy: in regard to Palma et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008;70:996-1001)
2009) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 73(4). p.1286-1286 Mark(
- Development and external validation of a nomogram for prediction of radiation-induced dysphagia in 493 lung cancer patients treated with chemo-radiotherapy or radiotherapy alone
INTENSITY-MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY FOR SINONASAL TUMORS: GHENT UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL UPDATE
2009) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 73(2). p.424-432 Mark(
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for recurrent and second primary head and neck cancer in previously irradiated territory
- Toxicity, Tumour Response, and resectability after IMAT +/- cisplatin for primary irresectable carcinoma of the cervix
- Chromosomal radiosensitivity in head and neck cancer patients: evidence for genetic predisposition?
- Microstructural analysis of foam by use of NMR R-2 dispersion
- Does ionizing radiation stimulate cancer invasion and metastasis?
- Development, external validation and further improvement of a prediction model for survival of non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with (Chemo)radiotherapy
Intensity-modulated radiotherapy as primary therapy for prostate cancer: Report on acute toxicity after dose escalation with simultaneous integrated boost to intraprostatic lesion
2008) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 72(3). p.799-807 Mark(
- Evidence behind use of intensity modulated radiotherapy: a systematic review of comparative clinical studies (vol 9, pg 367, 2008)
- Prevalence of apical periodontitis and associated coronal factors in head and neck irradiated patients.
- Modern radiotherapy as part of combined modality treatment in locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer: Present status and future prospects
- Behandeling van het maligne pleuramesothelioom.
- Salvage intensity-modulated radiotherapy for rising PSA after radical prostatectomy
Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for cervical lymph node metastases from unknown primary cancer
2008) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 71(4). p.1158-1166 Mark(
- The use of [I-123]-2-iodo-L-phenylalanine as an early radiotherapy evaluation tool: In vitro R1M rabdomyosarcoma cell and in vivo mouse experiments
- Evidence behind use of intensity-modulated radiotherapy: a systematic review of comparative clinical studies
Image-guided radiation therapy: Many roads lead to Rome?
2008) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 70(2). p.646-647 Mark(
Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in DNA double-strand break repair genes: Association with head and neck cancer and interaction with tobacco use and alcohol consumption
2008) MUTATION RESEARCH-GENETIC TOXICOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MUTAGENESIS. 656(1-2). p.74-81 Mark(
- IMRT and focused radiotherapy
- IMAT: Remaining potentials
- The influence of air cavities within the PTV on Monte Carlo-based IMRT optimization
- The use of magnetic sensors to monitor moderate deep inspiration breath hold during breast irradiation with dynamic MLC compensators
- Late radiotherapy-induced lower intestinal toxicity (RILIT) of intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: The need for adapting toxicity scales and the appearance of the sigmoid colon as co-responsible organ for lower intestinal toxicity
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: Late morbidity and results on biochemical control
Evaluation of uncertainty-based stopping criteria for Monte Carlo calculations of intensity-modulated radiotherapy and arc therapy patient dose distributions
2007) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 69(2). p.628-637 Mark(
- Monte Carlo modeling of the ModuLeaf miniature MLC for small field dosimetry and quality assurance of the clinical treatment planning system
- Evaluation of pinpoint properties and central electrode material in clinical beam dosimetry by MC calculations
- Precautions and strategies in using a commercial flatbed scanner for radiochromic film dosimetry
- Measurement techniques, Modeling strategies and pitfalls to avoid when implementing a mini MLC in a non dedicated planning system
Positron emission tomography-guided, focal-dose escalation using intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head and neck cancer
2007) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 68(1). p.126-135 Mark(
- Intensity modulating and other radiation therapy devices for dose painting
- Predicting risk of radiation-induced lung injury
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck carcinoma
- Radiochromic EBT film dosimetry: Effect of film orientation and batch on the lateral correction of the scanner.
- Implementation of biologically conformal radiation therapy in the clinic
- Waiting times in the radiotherapy department in gent
- Comparison of 6 MV and 18 MV photons for IMRT treatment of lung cancer
- Conversion of CT numbers into tissue parameters for Monte Carlo dose calculations: a multi-centre study
- Implementation and validation of an add-on MLC for Monte Carlo dose calculations in conformal stereotactic radiosurgery
- Phase II study of a four-week hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy regimen for prostate cancer: Report on acute toxicity
- 18-F-FDG-PET guided IMRT of head and neck cancer - Focal dose escalation phase I study
- Comparison of dose-volume histograms of IMRT treatment plans for ethmoid sinus cancer computed by advanced treatment planning systems including Monte Carlo
- [F-18]fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography ([F-18]FDG-PET) voxel intensity-based intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for head and neck cancer
- Optimized segment-aperture mono-arc therapy (OSAMAT) and its application in conformal radiation of oligometstatic prostate cancer: a phase I study
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) as primary therapy for prostate cancer: The experience of the Ghent University Hospital (GUH).
- Accuracy of patient dose calculation for lung IMRT: A comparison of Monte Carlo, convolution/superposition, and pencil beam computations
Definition and delineation of the clinical target volume for rectal cancer
2006) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 65(4). p.1129-1142 Mark(
- MLC based stereotactic radiosurgery: The accuracy of the collapse cone algorithm of pinnacle 7.4 modelled and controlled using a consistent data set obtained by several independent detectors.
- Accuracy of patient dose calculations for IMRT treatment of lung cancer
- Optimized segment-aperture mono-arctherapy (OSAMAT) and its application in conformal radiation of oligometastatic prostate cancer: A phase I study.
- Implementation of biologically conformal radiation therapy (BCRT) in an algorithmic segmentation-based inverse planning approach
TGF beta 1 polymorphisms and late clinical radiosensitivity in patients treated for gynecologic tumors
2006) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 65(4). p.1240-1248 Mark(
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for lung cancer
- IMRT dose distributions for ethmoid sinus cancer calculated by five different treatment planning systems
- Indications for the IMRT protocol for Head and Neck Tumors: purpose and reality.
- The effect of geometrical and scoring voxel dimensions on accuracy and efficacy of Monte Carlo dose calculations for IMRT
- Magnetic resonance imaging anatomy of the prostate and periprostatic area: a guide for radiotherapists
- Investigation of geometrical and scoring grid resolution for Monte Carlo dose calculations for IMRT
- Postoperative intensity-modulated radiotherapy in sinonasal carcinoma - Clinical results in 39 patients
- Breathing curve produced by magnetic sensors: Development and testing
- Evaluation of the Sinmed Mastercouch (R) as replacement for a standard couch
- Interobserver delineation variation using CT versus combined CT plus MRI in intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer
- Experimental verification of lung dose with radiochromic film: comparison with Monte Carlo simulations and commercially available treatment planning systems
- Comparison of build-up dose between Elekta and Varian linear accelerators for high-energy photon beams using radiochromic film and clinical implications for IMRT head and neck treatments
- Automatic generation of a plan optimization volume for tangential field breast cancer radiation therapy
- The importance of accurate linear accelerator head modelling for IMRT Monte Carlo calculations
- Conversion of CT numbers into tissue parameters for Monte Carlo dose calculations
- Optimization of the mean energy of the incident electron beam for MCTP by removing the beam-modifying filters from the linac head
- Lethal pneumonitis in a phase I study of chemotherapy and IMRT for NSCLC: The need to investigate the accuracy of dose computation
- The role of modern radiation therapy in treating lung cancer
- Decoupling initial electron beam parameters for Monte Carlo photon beam modelling by removing beam-modifying filters from the beam path
- The magnetic resonance detected intraprostatic lesion in prostate cancer: planning and delivery of intensity-modulated radiotherapy
- Introducing IMRT into the clinic
- The incidence of inclusion of the sigmoid colon and small bowel in the planning target volume in radiotherapy for prostate cancer
- Accuracy of ultrasound-guided prostate positioning (UGPP)
Intensity-modulated radiotherapy as primary treatment for prostate cancer: Acute toxicity in 114 patients
2004) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 60(3). p.777-787 Mark(
- The magnetic resonance detected intraprostatic lesion in prostate cancer: planning and delivery of IMRT
- MRI images of the anatomy of the axillary and supraclavicular region in treatment position for the adjuvant radiation treatment of breast cancer
- MR-assesment of interfraction prostate localization variability in intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for prostate cancer
Magnetic resonance assessment of prostate localization variability in intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer
2004) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 60(5). p.1611-1621 Mark(
Clinical implementation of intensity-modulated arc therapy (IMAT) for rectal cancer
2004) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 60(3). p.794-806 Mark(
- Clinical implementation of intesity modulated arc therapy (IMAT) for rectal cancer
- Detection of prostate motion by the use of an ultrasound-guided prostate positioning procedure (UGPP)
- Combined magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy for detection of prostate carcinoma: preliminary results
- Incorporation of biological imaging voxel intensity information into the IMRT optimization algorithm
- Clinical validation of intensity modulated arc therapy (IMAT) by means of polymer gel dosimetry
- Direct segment aperture and weight optimization for intensity-modulated radiotherapy of prostate cancer
- Positron emission tomography(PET) based dose escalation in head and neck cancer using intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Patient and organ motion in prostate cancer
- Voluntary self breath hold to minimize the heart dose during left breast radiation therapy: verification of the breath hold stability using electronic portal images in movie mode
- Results of an intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) planning comparison for an ethmoid sinus cancer case
- DOSSCORE: An accelerated DOSXYZnrc code with an efficient stepping algorithm and scoring grid
- MCDE: a new Monte Carlo dose engine for IMRT
- Updated European core curriculum for radiotherapists (radiation oncologists). Recommended curriculum for the specialist training of medical practitioners in radiotherapy (radiation oncology) within Europe
- DOSSCORE: an accelerated DOSXYZnrc code with an efficient stepping algorithm and scoring grid
- Validation and application of polymer gel dosimetry for the dose verification of an intensity-modulated arc therapy (IMAT) treatment
- Distribution of invaded lymph nodes and survival in a cohort of 54 patients with hypopharyngeal cancer treated in a single institution
- Salvage intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy: initial clinical results
- Clinical implementation of intensity modulated arc therapy (IMAT) for rectal cancer.
- The value of radiochromic film dosimetry around air cavities: experimental results and Monte Carlo simulations
- The necessity of a divergent initial electron beam in the Monte-Carlo model of a linear accelerator
- The beneficial effects of supplementary glutamine on experimental irradiated colonic anastomosis: histological and morphological evaluation
- The value of radiochromic film dosimetry around air cavities: experimental results and Monte Carlo simulations
- Introduction of scoregrids into a Monte-Carlo based treatment planning system
- Quality aspects and time gain of an automated procedure for generating an optimized plan in the routine treatment of breast cancer with external tangential beam irradiation
- Monte Carlo model of the Elekta SLiplus accelerator: validation of a new MLC component module in BEAM for a 6 MV beam
- The role of nuclear medicine in the prediction and detection of radiation-associated normal pulmonary and cardiac damage
- Application of monomer/polymer gel dosimetry to study the effects of tissue inhomogeneities on intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) dose distributions
- Nuclear medicine in the prediction and detection of radiation associated normal tissue damage of kidney, brain, bone marrow and salivary glands
- IMAT treatment verification with monomer/polymer gel dosimetry
Whole abdominopelvic radiotherapy (WAPRT) using intensity-modulated arc therapy (IMAT): First clinical experience
2003) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 57(4). p.1019-1032 Mark(
- Film dosimetry for quality assurance of an intensity modulated arc therapy (IMAT) treatment
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for prostate cancer: acute toxicity of 102 patients treated
- Underdosage of the upper-airway mucosa for small fields as used in intensity-modulated radiation therapy: A comparison between radiochromic film measurements, Monte Carlo simulations, and collapsed cone convolution calculations.
- Interaction between microtubule inhibitors and ionizing radiation
- The value of radiographic film for the characterization of intensity-modulated beams.
- Short term toxicity profile for 32 sinonasal cancer patients treated with IMRT. Can we avoid dry eye syndrome?
Postoperative radiotherapy for adenocarcinoma of the ethmoid sinuses: Treatment results for 47 patients
2002) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 54(4). p.1089-1094 Mark(
- IMRT for node positive prostate cancer: planning by direct aperture optimization for step and shoot delivery.
Intensity modulation techniques for improvement of normal tissue tolerance
2002) NORMAL TISSUE REACTIONS IN RADIOTHERAPY AND ONCOLOGY. 37. p.163-173 Mark(
- Does the addition of glutamine to total parenteral nutrition have beneficial effect on the healing of colon anastomosis and bacterial translocation after preoperative radiotherapy?
- IMRT for prostate cancer: the consequences on the workload.
- Simultaneous boost to the intraprostatic lesions: IMRT planning for step and shoot delivery by direct segment aperture optimization
- Dosimetric verification as the ultimate QA test for the complete planning and delivery chain of IMRT.
Combining the advantages of step-and-shoot and dynamic delivery of intensity-modulated radiotherapy by interrupted dynamic sequences.
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 50(2). p.541-550 Mark(
An anatomy-based beam segmentation tool for intensity-modulated radiation therapy and its application to head-and-neck cancer.
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 51(3). p.849-859 Mark(
- Healing of experimental colonic anastomoses: effects of combined preoperative high-dose radiotherapy and intraperitoneal 5-fluorouracil
Reduction of target dose inhomogeneity in IMRT treatment planning using biologic objective functions - In response.
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 49(5). p.1519-1520 Mark(
Leaf position optimization for step-and-shoot IMRT.
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 51(5). p.1371-1388 Mark(
- Influence of preoperative high-dose radiotherapy on postoperative outcome and colonic anastomotic healing: experimental study in the rat
Influence of preoperative combined radiochemotherapy on surgical outcome and colonic anastomotic healing: experimental study in the rat
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 50(4). p.1073-1078 Mark(
- Evaluation of a leaf position optimization tool for intensity modulated radiation therapy of head and neck cancer.
- An isocenter position verification device for electronic portal imaging: physical and dosimetrical characteristics.
- The value of the LA48 linear ion chamber array for characterization of intensity-modulated beams.
An implementation strategy for IMRT of ethmoid sinus cancer with bilateral sparing of the optic pathways
2001) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 51(2). p.318-331 Mark(
- Affections bénignes et radiothérapie: une enquête de la pratique en Belgique: peer review de radiothérapie en Belgique
- The value of the PinPoint ion chamber for characterization of small field segments used in intensity-modulated radiotherapy.
Optimization of beam weights in conformal radiotherapy planning of stage III non-small cell lung cancer: Effects on therapeutic ratio.
2000) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 47(1). p.255-260 Mark(
- On the chemical stability of 3D monomer/polymer gel dosimetry
- Comparison of conformal radiation therapy techniques within the dynamic radiotherapy project 'Dynarad'.
- Artefacts in multi-echo T-2 imaging for high-precision gel dosimetry: I. Analysis and compensation of eddy currents
- Clinical implementation of IMRT by MLC technology
- Artefacts in multi-echo T-2 imaging for high-precision gel dosimetry: II. Analysis of B-1-field inhomogeneity
Radiotherapy of prostate cancer with or without intensity modulated beams: A planning comparison.
2000) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 47(3). p.639-648 Mark(
- General anatomy based segmentation for intensity modulated radiotherapy of head and neck cancer
- Validation of MR-based polymer gel dosimetry as a preclinical three-dimensional verification tool in conformal radiotherapy.
- An investigation of the chemical stability of a monomer/polymer gel dosimeter.
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy with dynamic multileaf collimators. Technology and clinical potential.
- Quality control and error detection in the radiotherapy treatment process.
- Dose measurements compared with Monte Carlo simulations of narrow 6 MV multileaf collimator shaped photon beams.
High-dose preoperative radiotherapy does not alter the strength of unilaterally irradiated colon anastomoses in rats.
1999) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 44(1). p.163-170 Mark(
Inhomogeneous target-dose distributions: a dimension more for optimization ?
1999) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY BIOLOGY PHYSICS. 44(2). p.461-468 Mark(
- Clinical delivery of intensity modulated conformal radiotherapy for relapsed or second-primary head and neck cancer using a multileaf collimator with dynamic control
- Diamond detector measurements near simulated air channels for narrow photon beams.
- The single-isocenter treatment of head-and-neck cancer: time gain using MLC and automatic set-up.
- Three-dimensional dosimetry using polymer gel and magnetic resonance imaging applied to the verification of conformal radiation therapy in head-and-neck cancer.