- Oxygen and diverse nutrients influence the water kefir fermentation process
- Identification of acetic acid bacteria through matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry and report of Gluconobacter nephelii Kommanee et al. 2011 and Gluconobacter uchimurae Tanasupawat et al. 2012 as later heterotypic synonyms of Gluconobacter japonicus Malimas et al. 2009 and Gluconobacter oxydans (Henneberg 1897) De Ley 1961 (Approved Lists 1980) emend. Gosselé et al. 1983, respectively
- Systemic availability and metabolism of colonic-derived short-chain fatty acids in healthy subjects : a stable isotope study
- Whole-genome sequence analysis of Bombella intestini LMG 28161T, a novel acetic acid bacterium isolated from the crop of a red-tailed bumble bee, Bombus lapidarius
- Microbial diversity and metabolite composition of Belgian red-brown acidic ales
Bifidobacterium aquikefiri sp nov., isolated from water kefir
2016) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 66(3). p.1281-1286 Mark(
- Comparative genome analysis of Pediococcus damnosus LMG 28219, a strain well-adapted to the beer environment
- Microbiota and metabolites of aged bottled gueuze beers converge to the same composition
- Bacterial production of conjugated linoleic and linolenic acid in foods: a technological challenge
Leuconostoc rapi sp nov., isolated from sous-vide-cooked rutabaga
2015) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 65(8). p.2586-2590 Mark(
- Amino acid conversions by coagulase-negative staphylococci in a rich medium : assessment of inter- and intraspecies heterogeneity
- The microbial diversity of an industrially produced lambic beer shares members of a traditionally produced one and reveals a core microbiota for lambic beer fermentation
- Short communication: Subtyping of Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates from milk and corresponding teat apices to verify the potential teat-skin origin of intramammary infections in dairy cows
Bombella intestini gen. nov., sp. nov., an acetic acid bacterium isolated, from bumble bee crop
2015) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 65(1). p.267-273 Mark(
- The microbial diversity of traditional spontaneously fermented lambic beer
Acetobacter lambici sp. nov., isolated from fermenting lambic beer
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 64(4). p.1083-1089 Mark(
Gluconobacter cerevisiae sp. nov., isolated from the brewery environment
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 64(4). p.1134-1141 Mark(
Acetobacter sicerae sp. nov., isolated from cider and kefir, and identification of the genus Acetobacter by dnaK, groEL and rpoB sequence analysis
2014) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 64(7). p.2407-2415 Mark(
- Metabolic fingerprinting of Gouda cheese ripening by NMR spectroscopy
- Microbial characterization of probiotics: advisory report of the Working Group '8651 Probiotics' of the Belgian Superior Health Council (SHC)
- Implication of fermentable carbohydrates targeting the gut microbiota on conjugated linoleic acid production in high-fat-fed mice
Carnobacterium iners sp. nov., a psychrophilic, lactic acid-producing bacterium from the littoral zone of an Antarctic pond
2013) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 63(4). p.1370-1375 Mark(
Characterization of strains of Weissella fabalis sp. nov. and Fructobacillus tropaeoli from spontaneous cocoa bean fermentations
2013) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 63(5). p.1709-1716 Mark(
- Antioxidant changes of leek (Allium ampeloprasum var. porrum) during spontaneous fermentation of the white shaft and green leaves
Lactobacillus porcinae sp. nov. isolated from traditional Vietnamese nem chua
2013) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 63(5). p.1754-1759 Mark(
- Culture-independent exploration of the teat apex microbiota of dairy cows reveals a wide bacterial species diversity
- Conjugated linoleic and linolenic acid production kinetics by bifidobacteria differ among strains
- Microbial production of conjugated linoleic and linolenic acids in fermented foods: technological bottlenecks
- The kinetics of the arginine deiminase pathway in the meat starter culture Lactobacillus sakei CTC 494 are pH-dependent
- Metatranscriptome analysis for insight into whole-ecosystem gene expression during spontaneous wheat and spelt sourdough fermentations
- Spontaneous organic cocoa bean box fermentations in Brazil are characterized by a restricted species diversity of lactic acid bacteria and acetic acid bacteria
- Milk protein fragments induce the biosynthesis of macedocin, the lantibiotic produced by Streptococcus macedonicus ACA-DC 198
- Lactic acid bacteria community dynamics and metabolite production of rye sourdough fermentations share characteristics of wheat and spelt sourdough fermentations
- Production of conjugated linoleic acid and conjugated linolenic acid isomers by Bifidobacterium species
Weissella fabaria sp. nov., from a Ghanaian cocoa fermentation
2010) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 60(9). p.1999-2005 Mark(
- Community dynamics of bacteria in sourdough fermentations as revealed by their metatranscriptome
- Conjugated linoleic acid and conjugated linolenic acid production by bifidobacteria in fermented milk products
Phylogeny and differentiation of species of the genus Gluconacetobacter and related taxa based on multilocus sequence analyses of housekeeping genes and reclassification of Acetobacter xylinus subsp. sucrofermentans as Gluconacetobacter sucrofermentans (Toyosaki et al. 1996) sp. nov., comb. nov.
2010) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 60(10). p.2277-2283 Mark(
- Kinetic analysis of CLA and CLNA production by bifidobacteria indicates differences on strain level
- Yeast species composition differs between artisan bakery and spontaneous laboratory sourdoughs
- Lactobacillus fabifermentans sp. nov. and Lactobacillus cacaonum sp. nov., isolated from Ghanaian cocoa fermentations
- Yeast diversity of Ghanaian cocoa bean heap fermentations
- (GTG)(5)-PCR reference framework for acetic acid bacteria
Differentiation of species of the family Acetobacteraceae by AFLP DNA fingerprinting: Gluconacetobacter kombuchae is a later heterotypic synonym of Gluconacetobacter hansenii
2009) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 59(7). p.1771-1786 Mark(
- Isothermal and short mashing versus traditional mashing
- Validation of the (GTG)5-rep-PCR fingerprinting technique for rapid classification and identification of acetic acid bacteria, with a focus on isolates from Ghanaian fermented cocoa beans
- Production of conjugated linoleic and conjugated linolenic acid by Bifidobacterium species
Pediococcus argentinicus sp. nov. from Argentinean fermented wheat flour and identification of Pediococcus species by pheS, rpoA and atpA sequence analysis.
2008) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 58(12). p.2909-2916 Mark(
Weisella ghanensis sp. nov. isolated from a Ghanaian cocoa fermentation
2008) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY. 58(12). p.2721-2725 Mark(
- Influence of turning and environmental contamination on the dynamics of populations of lactic acid and acetic acid bacteria involved in spontaneous cocoa bean heap fermentation in Ghana.
Acetobacter fabarum sp. nov., an acetic acid bacterium from a Ghanaian cocoa bean heap fermentation
2008) International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 58(9). p.2180-2185 Mark(
- Biodiversity and identification of sourdough lactic acid bacteria
- The impedimetric technique for quality and hygiene control in the brewery.
- Microbial analysis of Malaysian tempeh, and characterization of two bacteriocins produced by isolates of Enterococcus faecium.
- Control of bioflavour and safety in fermented sausages: first results of a European project.
- Bacteriocins of lactic acid bacteria: microbiology, genetics and applications
- Antimicrobial Potential of Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Nisin, a Lantibiotic produced by Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis: Properties, Biosynthesis, Fermentation and Applications
- Lactic acid bacteria, bacteriocins and their practical importance
- Biosynthese, fermentatie en genetica van het Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis lantibioticum, nisine
- Sequences coding for new bacteriocins, expression products thereof, use thereof in heterologous expression systems.
- Patent (PCT 96.55.LAC); Internat. Appl. Number: PCT/EP96/05235, 1996.
- Heterologous Expression of the Prenisin Gene Nis A. Abstracts, 6th Fo rum for Applied Biotechnology, 24-25 SepL 1992, Bruges, p. 160.
- Heterologous expression and isolation of prenisin. Abstracts Finnish Bio science Days 1992, Helsinki, 3-4 september 1992, Abstract nr. 1.