- Gut antibacterial effects of C7 and C9 carboxylic acids in the diet of piglets
- Fermented liquid feed for weaned piglets: impact of sedimentation in the feed slurry on performance and gut parameters
- Effect of fermented moist feed on performance, gut bacteria and gut histo-morphology in broilers
- Intact brown seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum) in diets of weaned piglets: effects on performance, gut bacteria and histo-morphology and plasma oxidative status
- Supplementation of guanidinoacetic acid to broiler diets: effects on performance, carcass characteristics, meat quality, and energy metabolism
- Effect of organic acids on Salmonella colonization and shedding in weaned piglets in a seeder model
- Effect of dose of thymol and supplemental flavours or camphor on palatability in a choice feeding study with piglets
- Fermented liquid feed for pigs
- Effects of dose and formulation of carvacrol and thymol on bacteria and some functional traits of the gut in piglets after weaning
- Effect of fermented liquid feed on morpho-histological parameters in the piglet gut
- In vitro assessment of the effect of intact marine brown macro-algae Ascophyllum nodosum on the gut flora of piglets
- Intact brown seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum) in diets of weaned piglets: effect on performance and gut bacteria
- Supplementation of guanidinoacetic acid to broiler diets: effects on performance, carcass yield, meat quality, and metabolic parameters
- Thymol and trans-cinnamaldehyde reduce active nutrient absorption and chloride secretion in the pig jejunal Ussing chamber model
- Inhibition of Salmonella typhimurium by medium-chain fatty acids in an in vitro simulation of the porcine cecum
- Effect of dose of thymol and flavours on palatability in a choice-feeding study with piglets
- Effect of feeding intact brown seaweed Ascophyllum nodosum on some digestive parameters and on iodine content in edible tissues in pigs
- Effect of feed supplementation with guanidinoacetic acid (GAA) on broiler performance and carcass and meat characteristics
- Screening of isolated lactic acid bacteria as potential beneficial strains for fermented liquid pig feed production
- In vitro characterisation of the antimicrobial activity of selected essential oil components and binary combinations against the pig gut flora
- Effect of sepiolite on sedimentation of the solids in (fermented) liquid feed
- Effect of dose and formulation of thymol on gut bacteria and indices of gut functionality of weaned piglets
- Fermented liquid feed, inoculated with a probiotic strain, for weaning piglets
- Effect of fermented liquid feed on the performance of weaned piglets
- In vitro degradation and in vivo passage kinetics of carvacrol, thymol, eugenol and trans-cinnamaldehyde along the gastrointestinal tract of piglets
- In vitro dose-response of carvacrol, thymol, eugenol and trans-cinnamaldehyde and interaction of combinations for the antimicrobial activity against the pig gut flora
- Fast intestinal absorption of free carvacrol and thymol compromises antibacterial effects against the pig gut flora
- Screening of two probiotic products for use in fermented liquid feed
- Fermented liquid feed for weaning piglets
Fermented liquid feed for weaned piglets
2006) COMMUNICATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL AND APPLIED BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 71(1). p.227-230 Mark(
- In vitro fermentability and physicochemical properties of fibre substrates and their effect on bacteriological and morphological characteristics of the gastrointestinal tract of newly weaned piglets
Gas-chromatographic method for quantifying carvacrol, thymol, terpinen-4-ol, trans-anethole, eugenol and trans-cinnamaldehdye in media simulating pig gut conditons
2006) COMMUNICATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL AND APPLIED BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 71(1). p.223-226 Mark(
- Modifying gut flora in pigs by phytochemicals
Antimicrobial activity of selected phytochemicals against the pig gut flora
2005) COMMUNICATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL AND APPLIED BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 70(2). p.191-194 Mark(
- In vitro effect of botanicals on gut flora of pigs
- Microbial protease addition to a soy-bean meal diet for weaned piglets: effects on performance, digestion, gut flora and gut functions
- Influence of lipase and/or emulsifier addition on the ileal and faecal nutrient digestibility in growing pigs fed diets containing 4% animal fat
- Microbial protease addition to a soybean meal diet for weaned piglets: effects on performance, digestion, gut flora and gut function
- Effect of medium chain fatty acids and benzoic acid, as alternative for antibiotics, on growth and some gut parameters in piglets
Effect of medium chain fatty acids and benzoic acid, as alternative for antibiotics, on growth and some gut parameters in piglets
2004) COMMUNICATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL AND APPLIED BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 69(2). p.187-190 Mark(
- The combined use of triacylglycerols containing medium-chain fatty acids and exogenous lipolytic enzymes as an alternative to in-feed antibiotics in piglets: concept, possibilities and limitations. An overview
The influence of Lentinus edodes (Shiitake mushroom) preparations on bacteriological and morphological aspects of the small intestine in piglets
2003) ARCHIVES OF ANIMAL NUTRITION-ARCHIV FUR TIERERNAHRUNG. 57(6). p.399-412 Mark(
The combined use of whole Cuphea seeds containing medium chain fatty acids and an exogenous lipase in piglet nutrition
2003) ARCHIVES OF ANIMAL NUTRITION-ARCHIV FUR TIERERNAHRUNG. 57(1). p.49-63 Mark(
- Endogenous lipolysis in feedstuffs and compound feeds for pigs: effects of storage time and conditions and lipase and/or emulsifier addition.
- The combined use of triacylglycerols containing medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and exogenous lipolytic enzymes as an alternative for nutritional antibiotics in piglet nutrition I. In vitro screening of the release of MCFAs from selected fat sources by selected exogenous lipolytic enzymes under simulated pig gastric conditions and their effects on the gut flora of piglets.
- The combined use of triacylglycerols (TAGs) containing medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and exogenous lipolytic enzymes as an alternative to nutritional antibiotics in piglet nutrition - II. In vivo release of MCFAs in gastric cannulated and slaughtered piglets by endogenous and exogenous lipases; effects on the luminal gut flora and growth performance.
- PCR-TGGE: A method for fingerprinting the microbial flora in the small intestine of pigs.
- In vitro release of medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) from selected fat sources with selected exogenous lipolytic enzymes in pig gastric simulated conditions
- Antinutritive compounds in legume seeds: how to deal with them?
- The potentials for immunostimulatory substances (beta-1,3/1,6 glucans) in pig nutrition.
- Nutritional and nutritive characteristics of some soya protein sources for early weaned piglets
- Microbial degradation of enzymic released non-starch polysaccharide constituents in the small intestine of the pig
- Influence of the buffering capacity of the feed on the precaecal digestibility in pigs
- Mode of action of exogenous carbohydrase enzymes in growing pig nutrition
- Varkensvoeding en milieu
- Effect van varkensvoeding op het milieu
- Digestion and utilization of non-starch polysaccharide monomers orally administered in physiologic dose in the pig
- Enzymes and growth in pigs
- Supplementary enzymes to improve utilization of pig diets (Invited main lecture)
- Vleesproductie en milieu
Influence of virginiamycin on the digestive physiology in precaecal re-entrant cannulated pigs
1991) ARCHIVES OF ANIMAL NUTRITION-ARCHIV FUR TIERERNAHRUNG. 41. p.372-392 Mark(
- Chemical analysis of cell wall and energy digestibility in growing pigs
- Vleesproductie en milieu
- Teksten Profileringsdagen 'Vakgroep Dierlijke Produktie: Afdelingen Veevoeding en Vleestechnologie', Meile, deel 1 (9 september.42 p), deel 2 (16 september,52 p) en deel 3 (23 september, 58 p), 1994.
- Nutritional and nutritive characteristics of some soya protein sources for early weaned piglets. Proc. 3rd Int. Workshop on Antinutritional Factors in Legume Seeds and Rapeseed, 1998, 267-270.
- Voederefficiëntie bij het varken kan nog worden verbeterd. Landbouw en Techniek, 1996, 30-35, 5 tab.
- Biotechnologie en verbetering van de (voeder) verbetering. Op studiedag 'De zin van voederenzymes anno 1992', ingericht door NV Producten Trouw, 6 december 1991.
- PCR-TGGE: a method for fingerprinting the microbial flora in the small intestine of pigs. Belgian Society for Microbiology Symposium on Emerging and recurrent infectious diseases, Louvan-La-Neuve, 8 december 2000, p51.
- Groeibevordering: alternatieven voor antibiotica ? Mededelingen faculteit landbouwkundige en toegepaste biologische wetenschappen, 38, 1998,95-120.
- Effect of exogenous carbohydrase supplementation to high pea (Pisum sativum L.) and soybean meal diets on digestion and nutrient excretion in growing pigs. Proc. 3rd Conference on Grain Legumes, 1998, 12-13.