- The politics of poverty in Africa: development and policy-making in Tanzania
- Fading slave regimes and the reconstruction of patriarchal authority according to oral sources: Mingoyo, Southern Tanzania’
- ‘Patriarchal masculinity in recent Swahili-language Muslim sermons’
- 'The bureaucratic performance of planning in colonial and post-colonial Tanzania'
‘Female seclusion in the aftermath of slavery on the Southern Swahili coast: transformations of slavery in unexpected places’
2015) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AFRICAN HISTORICAL STUDIES . 48. p.209-230 Mark(
- Obscuring and revealing : Muslim Engagement with volunteering and the aid sector in Tanzania
- Introduction : 'Performing citizenship and enacting exclusion on Africa's Indian Ocean littoral'
- ‘'Remembering Nyerere : political rhetoric and dissent in contemporary Tanzania'.
- AIDS and religious practice in Africa