- Efficacy of products to remove eggs of Pediculus humanus capitis (Phthiraptera: Pediculidae) from the human hair
- ZEB2-transgene expression in the epidermis compromises the integrity of the epidermal barrier through the repression of different tight junction proteins
Expert recommendations: the use of the fixed combination calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate gel for the topical treatment of psoriasis
2014) JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEROLOGY. 28(suppl. 2). p.22-32 Mark(
- The effectiveness of facial exercises for facial rejuvenation: a systematic review
- Profile of the Belgian dermatologis: results of an online survey
- Immunohistochemical analysis of FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in healthy human skin and autoimmune dermatoses
- The biology of hyperpigmentation syndromes
- Contact dermatitis caused by lovage (Levisticum officinalis) essential oil
- The distribution pattern of segmental vitiligo: clues for somatic mosaicism
- Viewpoint on handling anti-TNF failure in psoriasis
- Evaluation of commercially available ELISA assays as a tool for monitoring and managing pemphigus patients: a prospective study
- miR-145 overexpression suppresses the migration and invasion of metastatic melanoma cells
- Nonablative fractional laser resurfacing for the treatment of hypertrophic scars: a randomized controlled trial
- Nonablative fractional laser resurfacing for the treatment of scars and grafts after Mohs micrographic surgery: a randomized controlled trial
- Occupational contact allergy caused by pao ferro (santos rosewood): a report of 2 cases
- Identification of miR-145 as a key regulator of the pigmentary process
- Clinical profile of generalized vitiligo patients with associated autoimmune/autoinflammatory diseases
- Identifying targets for topical RNAi therapeutics in psoriasis: assessment of a new in vitro psoriasis model
The haptoglobin phenotype influences the risk of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in kidney transplant patients
2012) JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY. 26(5). p.566-571 Mark(
- An educational programme for patients with psoriasis and atopic dermatitis: a prospective randomized controlled trial
- Genome-wide association analyses identify 13 new susceptibility loci for generalized vitiligo
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, a new prognostic marker in sentinel lymph nodes of melanoma patients
- New insights in segmental vitiligo: case report and review of theories
- Hypomelanoses and hypermelanoses
- Applying Toyota production systemprinciples and tools at the Ghent University hospital
- A case of anaphylaxis caused by macrogol 3350 after injection of a corticosteroid
- Immune mediated mechanisms of melanocyte destruction: paving the way for efficient immunotherapeutic strategies against melanoma
- In vivo vitiligo induction and therapy model: double-blind, randomized clinical trial
- Clinical significance of Koebner's phenomenon in vitiligo
- Development of a 3D pigmented skin model to evaluate RNAi-induced depigmentation
- Lipid-mediated gene delivery to the skin
- Study of functional molecules on regulatory T cells in human psoriasis blood and skin
- A review of non-cultured epidermal cellular grafting in vitiligo
Halo naevi with associated vitiligo-like depigmentations: pathogenetic hypothesis
2011) JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY. 26(6). p.755-761 Mark(
- Immune reactions in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions: lessons for immunotherapy
- A novel multidisciplinary educational programme for patients with chronic skin diseases: Ghent pilot project and first results
- Prognostic value and clinical significance of halo naevi regarding vitiligo
- Three-dimensional skin models as tools for transdermal drug delivery: challenges and limitations
- Skin penetration of silica microparticles
- The haptoglobin phenotype determines the risk of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in kidney transplant patients
Different phenotypes of segmental vitiligo based on a clinical observational study
2011) JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY. 25(6). p.673-678 Mark(
- Intrapatient comparison of 308-nm monochromatic excimer light and localized narrow-band UVB phototherapy in the treatment of vitiligo: a randomized controlled trial
- Melanocyte-specific immune response in a patient with multiple regressing nevi and a history of melanoma
- EGFR in melanoma: clinical significance and potential therapeutic target
- Comprehensive association analysis of candidate genes for generalized vitiligo supports XBP1, FOXP3, and TSLP
- Genome-wide analysis identifies a quantitative trait locus in the MHC class II region associated with generalized vitiligo age of onset
- First histopathological and immunophenotypic analysis of early dynamic events in a patient with segmental vitiligo associated with halo nevi
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis: an overview of the clinical, immunological and diagnostic concepts
Juvenile psoriasis and its clinical management: a European expert group consensus
2010) JOURNAL DER DEUTSCHEN DERMATOLOGISCHEN GESELLSCHAFT. 8(10). p.812-818 Mark(
- Calcineurin inhibitors
- Flexible nanosomes (SECosomes) enable efficient siRNA delivery in cultured primary skin cells and in the viable epidermis of ex vivo human skin
- Serum plakophilin-3 autoreactivity in paraneoplastic pemphigus
- Effect of the secretory small GTPase Rab27B on breast cancer growth, invasion, and metastasis
- Infectueuze pathologie in de kinderdermatologie
- Common variants in FOXP1 are associated with generalized vitiligo
- Autoimmune, inflammatory and other diseases associated with vitiligo
- Long-term results of noncultured epidermal cellular grafting in vitiligo, halo naevi, piebaldism and naevus depigmentosus
- Variant of TYR and Autoimmunity Susceptibility Loci in Generalized Vitiligo.
- Ultradeformable cationic liposomes for delivery of small interfering RNA (siRNA) into human primary melanocytes
Current and emerging therapy for the management of vitiligo
2009) Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2. p.15-25 Mark(
- Griscelli syndrome: a model system to study vesicular trafficking.
- Diclofenac: lineaire IgA-bulleuze dermatose en huiderupties
Behandeling van ectoparasitosen
2009) NEDERLANDS TIJDSCHRIFT VOOR DERMATOLOGIE & VENEREOLOGIE. 19(4). p.188-190 Mark(
- Evaluation of ethosomes for delivery of siRNA into cultured primary melanocytes and skin
- The role of RhoC in growth and metastatic capacity of melanoma
- Knockdown of myosin Va isoforms by RNAi as a tool to block melanosome transport in primary human melanocytes
- Somatic mutation analysis in NF1 cafe au lait spots reveals two NF1 hits in the melanocytes
- Human squamous cell carcinomas evade the immune response by down-regulation of vascular E-selectin and recruitment of regulatory T cells
The role of VEGF-C staining in predicting regional metastasis in melanoma
2008) VIRCHOWS ARCHIV-AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PATHOLOGY. 453(3). p.257-265 Mark(
- Hypomelanoses and hypermelanoses
- Solvent effects on the transdermal penetration of the OECD model compound caffeine.
- Persoonlijke en maatschappelijke gevolgen van werkgerelateerd handeczeem
- Second hit mutation analysis in melanocytes, keratinocytes and fibroblasts obtained from NF1 cafe-au-lait macules reveals presence of two NF1 hits in the melanocytes
- Stability of the OECD model compound benzoic acid in receptor fluids of Franz diffusion cells
- Downregulation of melanosome-interacting isoforms of myosin Va by exon-specific RNA interference blocks melanosome transport in primary human melanocytes
- Acanthosis nigricans in a child with mild osteochondrodysplasia and K650Q mutation in the FGFR3 gene
- Transdermal penetration behaviour of drugs: CART-clustering, QSPR and selection of model compounds
- Concept of a 3 month adjuvant participatory program for patients with chronic dermatoses
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 protein and amyloid precursor protein interact in normal human melanocytes and colocalize with melanosomes
- Desmoglein 1 and 3 IgG auto-antibody titers do not correlate with pemphigus disease activity in a prospective study
- RNAi-induced suppression of endogenous neurofibromin does not modulate the cell cycle in cultured primary human epidermal melanocytes
- Cafe-au-lait spots in neurofibromatosis type 1 and in healthy control individuals: hyperpigmentation of a different kind?
- The quest for the mechanism of melanin transfer
- Pigment cell-related manifestations in neurofibromatosis type 1: an overview
- Different approaches for assaying melanosome transfer
- Gene expression profiling of cultured human NF1 heterozygous (NF1+/-) melanocytes reveals downregulation of a transcriptional cis-regulatory network mediating activation of the melanocyte-specific dopachrome tautomerase (DCT) gene
- Is there a potential role for dermal mast cells in the hyperpigmentary mechanism of cafe-au-lait maculae in neurofibromatosis type 1 patients?
- Rab27b is up-regulated in human Griscelli syndrome type II melanocytes and linked to the actin cytoskeleton via exon F-myosin Va transcripts
- Interactions of human myosin Va isoforms, endogenously expressed in human melanocytes, are tightly regulated by the tail domain
- Cutis Laxa of the autosomal recessive type in a consanguineous family
- Characterization of the molecular defects in Rab27a, caused by RAB27A missense mutations found in patients with Griscelli syndrome
Motor proteins and pigmentation
2002) VERHANDELINGEN VAN DE KONINKLIJKE ACADEMIE VOOR GENEESKUNDE VAN BELGIË. 64(4). p.251-257 Mark(
- The dilute locus and Griscelli syndrome: Gateways towards a better understanding of melanosome transport.
- The role of human Myosin Va isoforms in human epidermal melanocytes.
- Gabapentin for pain control in cancer patient wound dressing care.
- Is systemic autoimmune disease a risk factor for terbinafine-induced erythema multiforme?
- Arg-Cys substitution at codon 1246 of the human myosin Va gene is not associated with Griscelli syndrome.
- Cytoplasmic dynein colocalizes with melanosomes in normal human melanocytes
- Colocalization of dynactin subunits P150(Glued) and P50 with melanosomes in normal human melanocytes
- Absence of telomerase activity and telomerase catalytic subunit mRNA in melanocyte cultures.
- Kinesin and kinectin can associate with the melanosomal surface and form a link with microtubules in normal human melanocytes
- Melanocyte biology and its implications for the clinician.
- Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita with combined features of bullous pemphigoid and cicatricial pemphigoid.
Pigmentatiestoornissen van de huid geassocieerd met endocrinopathieën.
1999) Tijdschrift. Vr. Belg. Dermatologische Actualiteit. 48. p.4-17 Mark(
Human myosin V gene produces different transcripts in a cell type-specific manner
1998) BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS. 252(2). p.329-333 Mark(
- Expression of motor proteins kinesin and cytoplasmic dynein in normal human melanocytes
- Structural and molecular changes in human skin during UV-stimulated melanogenesis
- Expression of the motor protein myosin V in human normal melanocytes and melanoma cells
- Neuron-Specific enolase as serum marker for malignant melanoma.
- Molecular motors and their role in pigmentation. Cellular and Molecular Biology, 45, 1999, 905-918.
- The syndrome Page: Aplasia Cutis Congenita. Pediatr. Dermatol. 1997, 14, 4, 330-332.