- A new angle on blood–CNS interfaces: a role for connexins?
Inhibiting connexin channels protects against cryopreservation-induced cell death in human blood vessels
2013) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF VASCULAR AND ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY. 45(4). p.382-390 Mark(
IP₃, a small molecule with a powerful message
2013) BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA-MOLECULAR CELL RESEARCH. 1833(7). p.1772-1786 Mark(
- Selective inhibition of Cx43 hemichannels by Gap19 and its impact on myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury
- Connexin mimetic peptides inhibit Cx43 hemichannel opening triggered by voltage and intracellular Ca2+ elevation
- Is chronic exposure of the blood-brain barrier to relatively low L-β-ODAP concentrations a possible entry point of L-β-ODAP into the central nervous system?
- Low extracellular Ca2+ conditions induce an increase in brain endothelial permeability that involves intercellular Ca2+ waves
- Paracrine signaling through plasma membrane hemichannels
- Connexin channels provide a target to manipulate calcium dynamics and blood brain barrier permeability
- Transfer of IP3 through gap junctions is critical, but not sufficient, for the spread of apoptosis