- Powerful instructions: Automaticity without practice.
- Automatic effects of No-Go instructions
- There is more into ‘doing’ than ‘knowing’ : the function of the right inferior frontal sulcus is specific for implementing versus memorising verbal instructions
- Feature integration and task switching: diminished switch costs after controlling for stimulus, response, and cue repetitions
- A functional approach for research on cognitive control: analyzing cognitive control tasks and their effects in terms of operant conditioning
- Joint task switching
- Attention to future actions: the influence of instructed S-R versus S-S mappings on attentional control
- There are limits to the effects of task instructions: making the automatic effects of task instructions context-specific takes practice
- Lie, truth, lie: the role of task switching in a deception context
- Learning through instructions vs. learning through practice: flanker congruency effects from instructed and applied S-R mappings
- Congruency effects on the basis of instructed response-effect contingencies
Eliminating the Simon effect by instruction
2014) JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-LEARNING MEMORY AND COGNITION. 40(5). p.1470-1480 Mark(
- Automatic motor activation by mere instruction
- Component processes in voluntary task switching
- Instruction-based response activation depends on task preparation
Instruction-based task-rule congruency effects
2012) JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-LEARNING MEMORY AND COGNITION. 38(5). p.1325-1335 Mark(
- A chain-retrieval model for voluntary task switching
- The interruptive effect of pain in a multitask environment: an experimental investigation
- Valence, arousal, and cognitive control: a voluntary task-switching study
- Cognitive control in cued task switching with transition cues: cue processing, task processing, and cue–task transition congruency
- Task switching: interplay of reconfiguration and interference control
- Switch performance in peripherally and centrally triggered saccades
- Brief reports: are voluntary switches corrected repetitions?
- Persisting activation in voluntary task switching: it all depends on the instructions
- Voluntary task switching under load: contribution of top-down and bottom-up factors in goal-directed behavior
- Is advance reconfiguration in voluntary task switching affected by the design employed?
- Increasing the Difficulty of Response Selection Does Not Increase the Switch Cost
- On the representation of task information in task switching: Evidence from task and dimension switching
Short-term aftereffects of response inhibition: Repetition priming or between-trial control adjustments?
2008) Journal of experimental psychology. Human perception and performance. 34(2). p.413-426 Mark(
Working memory costs of task switching
2008) JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-LEARNING MEMORY AND COGNITION. 34(3). p.478-494 Mark(
Short cue presentations encourage advance task preparation: A recipe to diminish the residual switch cost
2007) JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-LEARNING MEMORY AND COGNITION. 33(2). p.342-356 Mark(
- Task switching and across-trial distance priming are independent
- The effect of interference in the early processing stages on response inhibition in the stop signal task
- Stimulus- and response-conflict-induced cognitive control in the flanker task
- Selective stopping in task switching - The role of response selection and response execution
- Top-down and bottom-up sequential modulations of congruency effects
- On the difference between response inhibition and negative priming: Evidence from simple and selective stopping
- The phonological loop in task alternation and task repetition
- Inhibiting responses when switching: Does it matter?
- Effects of stimulus-stimulus compatibility and stimulus-response compatibility on response inhibition
- Plugging a tooth before anaesthetising the patient? The influence of people's beliefs on reasoning about the temporal order of actions.
- The interaction between stop signal inhibition and distractor interference in the flanker and Stroop task